Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Calhouns BBQ Ribs

calhouns-at-gatlinburg
Calhouns At Gatlinburg
Calhoun's of Gatlinburg is famously known for its BBQ ribs. Naturally, I had to order them. It was November, during the Smoky Mountain Gift Show, so the city was crowded, and Calhoun's had about a 30 minute waiting list. We mulled around outside until our name was called.

We were seated and a minute later our waiter came to our table and took our drink order and appetizer order. I went with a diet coke. A few minutes later, he took our main dinner order. Or course, I went with the famous BBQ spare ribs with a side of french fries.

The service was incredible for a busy evening, my coke was refilled, and my ribs were delivered to my table in under 10 minutes. 

Calhouns BBQ Ribs And Fries At Gatlinburg
As you can see, the ribs were plentiful, and this was the half order. The BBQ sauce was just spicy enough and the ribs, well, they were hot, tender, and juicy. The meat almost fell off the bone. The fries were good as well, but pretty much forgotten due to the taste of the ribs. And yes, the waiter brought plenty of napkins as they were needed.

The cost was $13 dollars for the half slab without tip. The price included fresh bread and rolls and one side which for me was the french fries. All in all, a good experience. 

A 4 Star Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment